Monday, February 19, 2018

Game On!

Holy !@#$%! Tomorrow I turn 40!


As nervous as I am about the big 4-0, I am also excited (I have a feeling it is going to be a very exciting year). And what better way to bring in a new decade of age with some marathon training.

Last week marked 12 weeks until the Cincinnati marathon. Training is officially on like Donkey Kong!

This year, I intend to run about 4 days a week and do some sort of cross-training, such as PiYo, yoga, or other P90X routine, at least one day a week.

It will be interesting to see how the numbers for this year's training regiment compare to the previous two year's, especially knowing that they were 18-week programs. Comparing the results from 2016 and 2017 (data from MapMyRun):

2 comments:

  1. 40 is a milestone indeed, but the best is yet to come! Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father said 40 and 60 were more difficult for him than 50. I've been through 40 and 50, now, and they haven't seemed to be particularly notable. I mean, I'm clearly aging, both in terms of how much I can do and how quickly I can recover, but these "milestones" don't really mark anything tangible. Good luck in Cincinnati. If you haven't been to Jungle Jim's, it's really worth a visit while you're there. http://www.junglejims.com

    ReplyDelete