Monday, November 20, 2017

We Now Return To Our Regularly Scheduled Routine

Wow! It has been a while since I posted one of these entries. I've been thinking about them for a while. I've also wondered if I was going to let them fade into the pale blue yonder or try to resuscitate them so it can breathe for another day. Nothing like giving CPR to an inanimate blog.

For the most part, I stopped running during the summer. I had the occasional spurt of activity but the runs were few and far between. Instead, over the summer, I played golf. I played a lot of golf.

It's been a while since I had a summer where I played a couple times a week and had a handful of trips to the driving range. I purchased a new set of clubs in late March and, during my first round using them, had my first hole in one! However, not all rounds were this gratifying. At one point during the season, I developed a bad case of the shanks. Despite all the ups and downs, it felt great to play with some regularity again, even when the game wasn't in a good spot.

Alas, we do not live in Florida, so I cannot play all year. Colder temps and fallen leaves means the golf clubs are just about ready to be stashed away until next year. *Sniff* I might try to squeeze in occasional round, but with the shorter days and other obligations, it will be difficult to justify.

With the end of season, another must start. It's time to start running again!

I've realized that I prefer to run when it is cold -- sometimes "bitterly" cold outside. I find crisp and cold mornings to be be calm and quiet. There is just a general sense of peacefulness when running in the early morning hours as most people are huddled under their blankets. I can think of only a few better ways to start the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment