Sunday, May 21, 2017

Five Months, 470 Miles, and one Marathon Later...

I cannot believe it has been over five months since I posted to this blog. I started a handful of entries but either got distracted by shinny things or did not deem them worthy enough for public consumption.

Yesterday, I completed the Green Bay Marathon!

Lambeau Field in the rain ... a few minutes before the start of the race.

I do not want to give away all the details, but I ran one hell of a race. My goal was a sub-5:00 hour race. I ran the marathon in 4:49:33! This was nearly thirteen and a half minutes faster than my previous best.


How did happen? My training was a bit different, I ran a smarter race, and I also had a bit more mental fortitude to fight through the final 5 miles.

Over the course of the next few weeks, I will recap some of the experiences that led up to the marathon as well as the marathon itself.

1 comment: