Sunday, November 22, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving

I realized that I have not posted anything for almost two weeks. It is just that time of year. School has been crazy busy and the colder weather has zapped some energy. This has slowed, but not stopped the running.

On Thanksgiving, Jody and I will be running the Drumstick Dash at Miller Park in Milwaukee. We are kind of looking forward to the race -- at the very least, we will not feel too guilty eating a second serving. Last year, it was bitterly cold during the run (20 F but with a nasty windchill where it felt like 2 F). They are calling for warmer temps this year, but there is a chance of rain. We'll see but have fun regardless.

http://www.visioneventmanagement.com/pages/drumstick-dash.php
I'll have a more complete post after Thanksgiving. So, until then, may I wish everyone a very happy and safe Thanksgiving!




3 comments:

  1. Canadian Thanksgiving was weeks ago, but we will hoist a drumstick in your honour this week, and we hope the run is fun. And not too cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! So far, we have never had a race where was any precipitation in the air. Alas, it looks like the streak may end on Thursday. The weather forecast says there is a 90% chance of rain with showers in the morning. At least the temps will be in the upper 40s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Donald. I tried running the other day after writing and I nearly collapsed. I think I stick with brisk walking for now...

    ReplyDelete